[Ongoing Projects] [Publications] [Technical Reports] [Curriculum Vitae]
I am a student in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, humbly pursuing my PhD with Professor Matthew Caesar.
My research interests fall in the area of systems and security with a focus on clouds and OSes. Recently, I have started working in IoT security and privacy as well.
- Mega-VM: Redefining Scalability in Clouds
- Proactive Abuse Prevention in Clouds
- Security and Privacy in Internet of Things
- Characterizing Typosquatting
- Rashid Tahir, Muhammad Huzaifa, Anupam Das, Mohammad Ahmad, Carl Gunter, Fareed Zaffar, Matthew Caesar, and Nikita Borisov, Mining on Someone Else's Dime:
Mitigating Covert Mining Operations in Clouds and Enterprises , 20th International Symposium on Research in Attacks, Intrusions and Defenses (RAID), 2017.
- Rashid Tahir, Mohammad Taha Khan, Xun Gong, Adnan Ahmed, Amerimad Ghassami, Hasanat Kazmi, Matthew Caesar, Fareed Zaffar and Negar Kiyavash, Sneak-Peek: High Speed Covert Channels in Data Center Networks, IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2016.
- Rashid Tahir, Mohammad Taha Khan, Xun Gong, Adnan Ahmed, Amerimad Ghassami, Hasanat Kazmi, Matthew Caesar, Fareed Zaffar and Negar Kiyavash, Sneak-Peek: High Speed Covert Channels in Data Center Networks, Poster: Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS), 2016.
- Hasnain Lakhani, Rashid Tahir, Azeem Aqil, Fareed Zaffar, Dawood Tariq, and Ashish Gehani, Optimized Rollback and Re-computation, 46th IEEE Hawaii International Conference on Systems Science (HICSS), IEEE Computer Society, 2013.
Outside of my research, I like to play basketball and volleyball and occasionaly go for swimming.