- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), 2017
- M.S., Ph.D., Electrical Engineering
- University of California San Diego (UCSD), 2011
- B.S., Electrical Engineering and Mathematics (Honors)
- Minor, Music-Violin Performance
- "TeachEnG: a Teaching Engine for Genomics".
M. Kim, Y. Kim, L. Qian, J.S. Song.
Bioinformatics, btx447, (2017).
- "Quantitative analysis and prediction of G-quadruplex forming sequences in double-stranded DNA".
M. Kim*, A. Kreig*, C.-Y. Lee, H.T. Rube, J. Calvert, J.S. Song, S. Myong.
Nucleic Acids Research, 44(10), (2016).
- * denotes equal contributions to the work.
- "MetaCRAM: An Integrated Pipeline for Metagenomic Data Processing and Compression".
M. Kim, X. Zhang, J.G. Ligo, F. Farnoud, V.V. Veeravalli, O. Milenkovic.
BMC Bioinformatics, 17(1), (2016).
- "HyDRA: Gene Prioritization via Hybrid Distance-Score Rank Aggregation".
M. Kim, F. Farnoud, O. Milenkovic.
Bioinformatics, 31(7), (2015).
- Instructor, ECE 109: Engineering Probability and Statistics, UCSD (2017)
- Tutor, Math and Computer Skills, Urbana Adult Education (2015-2017)
- Teaching Assistant, ECE 398BD: Making Sense of Big Data, UIUC (2014)
- Teaching Assistant, ECE 101: Linear Systems Fundamentals, UCSD (2012)
Awards and Honors
Page last updated in September 2017, and will no longer be updated.