Tired of spending countless minutes reading and re-reading summaries
and precis of lengthy novels? Now you can skip both the cost and
the boredom of buying those nasty little emergency ribbon books.
Instead, here are Steve's Notes for free: everything you could
possibly need to know about any novel from several famous novelists
condensed into a single sentence (one sentence per novelist, that is).
- Thomas Hardy
- Life sucks, but it can always get worse, and generally it will.
- Ernest Hemingway
- Getting too attached to someone is a surefire way to get one or
both of you killed.
- William Styron
- There is no personal or social problem that can't be solved by
suicide or homicide.
- Joseph Heller
- Viewed from the right angle, even the most tragic of life's events is hilarious.
- Kurt Vonnegut
- Shouldn't you be thinking for yourself?
Back to the Humor Page
Return to Steve's Home Page