I am a PhD candidate in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and very fortunate to be advised by Prof. Ravishankar K. Iyer and Prof. Zbigniew Kalbarczyk. I am a
member of the DEPEND group at the Coordinated Science Lab. My research interests are in building reliable and secure systems and networks, and big data analytics.
As part of the CompGen consortium at the UIUC, I currently study and explore the opportunities to accelerate mathematical kernels across several computational genomics problems. In December 2014, I became a NCSA-CompGen Fellow in recongition of our collaboration with Prof. Derek Wildman and William Gundling.
I had the opportunity to work with Dr. Alexander Clemm (Summer 2010) and Dr. Rajeev Koodli (Summer 2012 and 2013, now at Intel) as a summer research intern at Cisco Systems, Inc.
Prior to joining Univ. Illinois in Spring 2014, I obtained my MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University under the supervision of Prof. James Bain. As a research assistant, I collaborated with Prof. Patrick Tague and Prof. Bob Iannucci as a member of the Wireless Network and System Security Group. I was also a recipient of the Carnegie Institute of Technology Dean's Fellowship for my research assistantship.
- Arjun P. Athreya, L. Alexander Clemm, Jung Tjong and Prasad Sanampudi, "Translating An Object-Oriented Data Model to a YANG Data Model", 2010, Cisco Systems, Inc.,US Patent 8,838,653.
- Rajeev Koodli, Arjun P. Athreya and Anand Oswal, "Elastic Clustering of Vehicles Equipped with Broadband Wireless Communication Devices", 2012, Cisco Systems, Inc.,US Patent Application Pending.
- Arjun P. Athreya, Harry Chan-Maestas, Edward Katz, Patrick Tague, and Bob Iannucci, "Energy-Governed Resilient Networked Systems", 11th Annual IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference, Jan 2014. Best Student Paper Award!
- Arjun P. Athreya, Bruce DeBruhl, and Patrick Tague, "Designing for Self-Configuration and Self-Adaptation in the Internet of Things", CollaborateCom First International Workshop on Internet of Things (C-IOT), Oct 2013.
- Arjun P. Athreya, Xiao Wang, Yu Seung Kim, Yuan Tian, and Patrick Tague, "Resistance is Not Futile: Detecting DDoS Attacks without Packet Inspection", International Workshop on Information Security Applications (WISA), Aug 2013.
- Arjun P. Athreya and Patrick Tague, "Network Self-Organization in the Internet of Things", IEEE International Workshop on Internet-of-Things Networking and Control (IoT-NC), June 2013.
- Arjun P. Athreya and Patrick Tague, "Self-Organization of a Mesh Hierarchy for Smart Grid Monitoring in Outage Scenarios", 4th IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference (ISGT), Feb 2013.
- Arjun P. Athreya and Patrick Tague, "Survivable Smart Grid Communication: Smart-Meters Meshes to the Rescue", 1st International Workshop on Communication Technologies Support for the Smart Grid (SGCom), Jan 2012.
May 2015: Admitted to the PhD candidacy at ECE - UIUC! I will be spending the summer at Center for Individualized Medicine, Mayo Clinic with Dr. Liewei Wang
Jan 2015: I am awarded the NCSA-CompGen Fellowship.
Sep 2014: Patent application with Dr. Alexander Clemm, Cisco Systems is issued by USPTO with patent # 8,838,653!
ATHREYA[#TWO] [at] ILLINOIS [dot] EDU
CV available on request